Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Thanks a Bunch Sunflower card


I was pretty lucky this year in getting some great birthday presents from friends and family so I had to make a few Thank You Notes.  Aren't these the cutest cards?  I love them.  

Need:
Cricut Machine or access to one such as in a scrapbooking store
Cartridge - Walk In My Garden
Plenty of card stock paper [light blue, white, brown, green, light yellow, dark yellow] - I used The Christmas Cardstock Stack by DCWV
Craft glue
Ruler
Scissors (regular and decorative)


Directions:

Using the Cricut Machine and the Walk In My Garden cartridge cut out a flwpt to your desired size in brown cardstock.  Then, using green cardstock, cut out three different sizes of snflwr.  I did each sunflower about a 1/2 difference.  After getting your three sunflowers then using the shift key and sunflower button cut out the same three sizes of sunflwr-s in your light yellow cardstock.  Using the dark yellow repeat this step.  Then cut out a 5" x 10" rectangle of white cardstock.  Fold this in half.  Using your light blue carstock cut out a 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" square.  I then used a decorative scissor to cut the edges of my blue square.  Glue the blue square on to the front of your white card.  Then glue on the flower pots, sunflowers and colored flower part.



On the inside I used the Cricut to cut a abunch and thanks in my darker yellow.



On the back I used my "Homemade by Danielle" stamp and Martha Stewart's turquoise ink to add a personal touch.  If I had enough time I'd make a bunch of these for future thank your notes, I think they are just darling.

No comments: