Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day (cards)


Happy Mother's Day mom's!

I made some Mother's Day cards and I thought I'd share how I did it:

Need:
Cricut Machine or access to one such as in a scrapbooking store
Cartridge - Mother's Day 2010
Plenty of card stock paper [green, floral, purple, cream]
Craft glue
Ruler
Scissors


Directions:

Using the Cricut Machine and the Mother's Day cartridge cut a 5 1/2 inch Doily2 with your floral pattern.  This is an intricate pattern so be sure you are using a clean mat and a nice clean blade at a low speed.  Once this is cut out, remove from the mat.  I then cut out a long rectangle using a paper cutter (you can use scissors and a ruler) that was approximately 12 x 6 inches.  Fold this in half.  Glue your floral pattern on top of the front of your folded cardstock.  Then using a complementary color to your floral pattern, cut another long rectangle out of cardstock approximately 11 X 5.  Glue this on the inside of your card.  This will leave a border around the inside that is the color of the outside of your card.  After it is glued, using your floral pattern again cut a 2 inch HappyMothersDay.  Using a lighter color then what is in your card inside background, cut a 2 inch HappyMothersDayShadow.  This will be your shadow for the "Happy Mother's Day" on the inside of your card.  Glue these together once cut and then glue the whole thing to the inside of your card. 

   
I think it came out well although I don't like the colors I used that much.  I was some what limited because I had to make eight mother's day cards!  It would be neat to see what this looks like with blues and grays though. 

Hope everyone has a nice Mother's Day!

No comments: