Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Doily Anniversary Card


My in-laws anniversary was this month so I decided to make a simple doily card.  I haven't found a cartridge yet that has cards for anniversaries so I had do make do with what I had.

Supplies:

Cardstock - two solid colors and one patterned color for the doily.  It works best if these all compliment each other.  I used cardstock from K&Company.
Glue
Cricut or access to one such as at a scrapbooking store
Cartridges - Wild Card and Mother's Day 2010
Ruler
Sissors

Directions:

Starting with your Mother's Day 2010 cartridge and your patterned cardstock, cut one Doily3.  I cut mine at 4 1/2 inches.  Cut yours to your desired size but remember because the doily is intricate the large it is the easier it is to cut.  I just love the doily's from the Mother's Day 2010 cartridge, they are so pretty!  Next, Cut your solid cardstock to fit your doily.  I just did this with a ruler and scissors.  Use one cardstock for the outside and the other as a liner on the inside.  I just added a simple "Celebrate" on the inside using cardstock and the Wild Card cartridge,  phrase star-s.

No comments: