Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Birthday flower card



We have a birthday to celebrate today!  Lewie's great grandma turns 93!  She's one of the nicest people I've ever met and I love visiting her.  Since we can't be there though I made sure to send her a card.

Supplies:

Cricut machine or access to one like at a scrapbooking store
Cartridges: Walk in My Garden and Wild Card
Cardstock - purple, light purple, neutral, green
Markers in matching colors if desired
Craft glue


Directions:

Starting with your Walk in My Garden cartridge cut a card hydrng in your neutral color cardstock.  Cut this in a size that will match your base of your card.  My base was 10X5 making my card a 5X5 so I cut my card at Real Dial Size 4 1/2".  Next, using your  green and light purple cut a card hydrng-s twice - once with each color.  You will have 1 extra flower.  Glue your light purple flower over your green flower making a purple flower with green leaves and glue this all onto the flower card.  Cut your base in your darker purple.  Glue your card front to the base.  Then, using your Wild Card cartidge and your light purple cut one phrase cupcake at 1 1/2" Real Dial Size.  This will spell Happy Birthday for the inside if that's what you desire.  I finished the card by drawing a few things on the flower in marker with their matching color just to jazz it up.  Happy Birthday Great Grandma!

No comments: