Saturday, July 3, 2010

Hummingbird card

Here's a simple blank card that can be for anything, just a note, thank you card, or congratulations card.  I make it using a new cartridge I got called Give A Hoot.

Need:
Cricut Machine or access to one such as in a scrapbooking store
Cartridge - Give A Hoot
Cardstock paper in five colors [green, yellow, orange, purple, blue]
Craft glue
Scissors
Ruler
Bone folder
Bazzill Basics Paper Cardstock Strips - Cloverleaf
Various stamps
Martha Stewart's stamp ink - Lilac

Directions:

Start with making the base of your card by cutting out a rectangle that measures 8 inches by 4 inches with a ruler and scissors. Fold this in half using a bone folder.  To start making the front, using your Give A Hoot cartridge, cut out one Hmmngbrd in yellow that is 2 1/2 inches.  Then, cut out one layer Hmngbd-s that is also 2 1/2 inches in orange.  Next, cut out one layer Hmngdb in purple (2 1/2 inches).  Glue these together.  Because your stem on your flower will still be yellow, I used some paper from the Bazzill Basics Paper Cardstock Strips - Cloverleaf to glue over that part and then cut out.  I used the remaining Cloverleaf Cardstock Strips to decorate the outside edges.


On the inside I used Martha Stewart's ink (color = lilac) and a simple stamp to finish my card.  I also stamped the back in the same color with my "homemade by danielle" logo.

No comments: