Monday, November 15, 2010

Before & After: Chicken coop

Before: as it was when we moved in

I think it's finally done!  We successfully transformed an old potting bench and dog shelter into a chicken coop.  I finished up painting it last week and Lewie finished the nesting boxes which still needed a little work.  Here is a picture during construction:

Before: during construction

And here is the after:

After: Chicken coop

And here are the doors during construction:



And the doors after:

After: Door on chicken coop

And lastly, here is a picture of the side before:

Before:  Chicken coop side as it was when we moved in

After: Chicken coop side

The chickens really seem to enjoy their new home.  They are pretty funny animals.  They each have their own personalty and although we haven't gotten any eggs yet, I'm really glad we decided to get chickens.

I have a few more Before & After's I'd like to post this week if I can get my act together.  Keep your eye out for them!

No comments: