Monday, October 4, 2010

Update on the last two months

Well, for the past new months I have been extremely busy.  First off, we won the lottery, not really, but we feel like we did.  Lewie got a new job in Knoxville, TN and we moved here a few weeks ago.  In the process, we bought an amazing house and we've been settling in.  I spent the first week of being in here painting and I'm almost finishing with all the detail work (that is if you don't count the fact that I haven't yet to even start to paint the ceiling, perhaps that's a spring job...?)  The house didn't have baseboards when we moved in so after painting, Lewie spent most of his free time laying baseboards and it has made all the difference. 


I was pretty excited to start painting.  In New Mexico, the rental we lived in was painted one color.  The kitchen cabinets,  the walls, the ceilings, the light fixtures, in every room was one color: Navajo Sand.  I was inclined to stay away from any paint color that veered toward Navajo Sand.  I ended up choosing Glidden's Swiss Coffee for the bathroom, Cappuccino White for the bedroom and closet, and Smooth Stone for the kitchen and great room.  They are all shades of an off white but with enough difference that the whole house doesn't look white.  So far, I'm pleased. Here are a few pre-move in, pre-painting, and pre-baseboard pictures:



Stay tuned for before and afters! 




No comments: