Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Sewing for knitting: Circular needle holder

This week I tackled a sewing project that's actually for knitting: a circular needle holder.  I got the pattern from Stitch 'N Bitch: The Knitter's Handbook.  It wasn't a hard project but it did take a few hours.  I'm so happy that I don't have to dig through this mess to find my needles now:


It's so much nicer to have them all lined up by size on my new circular needle holder:


I've never worked with printer fabric before and this gave me an opportunity to explore that.   The handles are attached with velco on the back:


If I had enough money, not to mention time to use them all, I'd make several of these to house different lengths of needles too, but for now this works and I'm so glad I took to the time to organize them.  I'd like to make two more similar needle cases, one for DPN's and another for straight needles.  Hopefully this will inspire me to get moving on those! 

No comments: