Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Summer/Winter - Knit Hat



The first day it really gets cold in the fall, I'm always like, "I wish I would have thought to make ----- last month so I'd have it today."  So, this summer begins my summer/winter knitting - knitting in the summer for next winter.  I always have the idea do it but now I have the ambition.  My first summer/winter knitting project I started was a nice simple hat that I made with the wonderful Peruvian wool I got in Flagstaff, AZ at Purl in the Pines.  I got the pattern from the blog, a Friend to knit with and I really love how simple it was, yet it looks pretty neat.  The complete pattern is also here.  Thank you Lesie and I love your blog!

Chunky Knit Hat 
via Leslie @ a Friend to knit with



Directions:

Yarn: Berroco Peruvia Colors
Color: Raku Glaze
Needle: Circular 16 inches Size US 15
Gauge: 2 stitches per 1"

Cast on 44 stitches.  Knit in garter stitch for 5 rows.  Change stockinette and knit until piece measures 5 1/2 inches, ending with a wrong side row.  Next row (RS) knit 2 together until end 22 stitches.  Next row (WS) Purl 2 together until end 11 stitches.  Next row (RS) Knit 2 together to end.  (On this row, on the small size, you will knit 2 together 5x, and have 1 stitch remaining for 6 stitches total)  6 stitches also remain for large size.  Cut yarn and run through remaining 6 stitches.

Next up is trying my hand at making mittens to match.  I have four months until I want them to be done so I think it's manageable.  ;) 

No comments: