Thursday, April 15, 2010

Fresh from the farm

Today the cook that I work with, Cathy, gave me guinea hen eggs!  It's pretty fitting since the egg show is this month.  She has two guinea hens and she brought in five eggs for me!  Guinea hens are good for this area because they eat snakes and centipedes - both of which we have a lot of.  The eggs are very cute and about half the size of a chicken egg.  Two guinea hen eggs equal about one chicken egg in a recipe.  They are a slightly different shape too - smaller and more round then a chicken egg.  Cathy told me that they are mainly yolk and therefore have more egg taste then a chicken egg.  I can't wait to look up recipes for my five eggs!  Look for a post soon on something made with eggs!

1 comment:

Christo Gonzales said...

how exciting to have these different eggs