Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Robin's Eggs Cupcakes


My mind is on eggs.  Spring is in the air and we've had spring visitors lately like the Mountain Bluebird and soon we'll see hummingbirds again.  The Egg Show starts this week and things are gearing up at the Bear Mountain Gallery.  Kids have been coming in with their eggs to show and all I can think about are eggs.  So on my day off today I decieded to make Robin's Eggs Cupcakes.  I got the idea from Recipes 4 Us and put my own twist on it.  They are so perfect for spring, aren't they adorable?

For the cupcakes:

Marble Cupcakes via Martha Stewart Cupcakes


For the icing:

1 1/2 sticks of butter, room temp
3/4 cup confectioners sugar
1 teaspoon cocoa powder

Mix these together until smooth.




I used a Wilton 199 frosting tip and with a piping bag made a 'birds nest' on every cupcake.  Then I sorted my Cadbury Mini Eggs so I had just the blue ones and topped each cupcake with a few. 

Happy Spring!

No comments: