Friday, March 12, 2010

Blank Egg Canvas



I received my first eggs today to decorate for The Egg Show - 2010 Eggsibit.  They are ceramic eggs that are the size of about two chicken eggs and very intimidating.  I have until April 1st to decide what I will decorate them with and complete them for the Eggsibit!  The Egg Show is a local event that happens every spring headed by the local egg artist, Yvonne.  I am pretty excited about it because last year we moved here right as The Egg Show was ending and I didn’t get a chance to make one.  In one sentence, The Egg Show is a celebration of art on eggs.  Visit The Egg Show’s website for more information:  www.theeggplace.com  It runs the month of April Wednesday-Sunday 10:00-5:00 at the Bear Mountain Coffee House and Art Gallery.  Now that I have my eggs by brain is racing with ideas - fabric, paint, pencil, clay.... I have no idea what I’m going to put on my eggs but I will add a post when I am done!

No comments: