Saturday, May 28, 2011

Baby Z's first knit


Baby Z should be arriving in just a few months!  I thought I better get going on one of the million projects I'd like to finish before she gets here.  I started with a simple knitted matching hat and booties.  The booties are from Stitch 'N Bitch: The Knitter's Handbook.  They say they are one hour booties and they really are one hour booties.  They are part shoe part sock and will be great in the cold months.  I love how they have a cute crocheted strap over the top with a button on the side:


The hat is a pattern from Fiber Fiend which I found off of Ravelry.  It's rib so even though it should fit her the first winter she's here I might be able to get away with dressing her in it a year later because it stretches quiet a bit.  


I can't seem to remember where I got this yarn although I know it was called something Angel Hair.  It's a super soft mix of wool and synthetic.  It was probably the last yarn that I bought from a big box craft store as I've been trying not to buy or use synthetic since I took my spinning class.  I usually find that synthetic yarns are itchier and coarser then wool, contrary to popular belief,  but this yarn is actually like knitting with cotton candy so I don't mind.  

There will be more projects to come but I'm pleased with her first knitted item, what can say, she's already spoiled!

No comments: